Hair straighteners, also known as flat irons, are great styling tools, and you can have one in a budget of your choice. As a smart buyer, you might want to know about a product more before taking the final. In this post, we have a checklist with 9 points that you must check before selecting a flat iron.
- Start with the reviews. Apart from the reviews you see on leading ecommerce sites, you should also check websites like DesignsAuthority.com for more detailed reviews of the leading products.
- Check the flat iron material. Ceramic hair straighteners are cheaper, but if you have the budget, go for something that has tourmaline or titanium plates. These last much longer and can retain heat for a longer period.
- Find more about the heating time. Most of the advanced hair straighteners are known to heat up very quickly, and you can expect to reduce the time spent on the straightening process, which is a good advance.
- Should you go for wet-to-straight flat irons? These are great for towel dried hair, but be careful, because the hair damage can be quite extensive if done at high temperature. Also, always rely on a good brand.
- Go for a decent size. If you have thin hair, flat irons less than one inch should be enough, but yes, the size is a matter of consideration. Pick up a size that you think is good for you to control and use.
- Consider the need for cordless variant. If you are a frequent traveler, a cordless variant might seem like a good deal. However, do check the possible cost of batteries and overall power of the concerned flat iron.
- Think of temperature settings. Ideally, a temperature range between 300 and 400 F is more than enough, but if you have thick and coarse hair, you may want to settle for a hair straightener that’s more upgraded on the temperature settings.
- Pick a dual purpose tool. If you want to save money, you may want to go for a thin iron that can be used as a curling tool, as well. These are designed to be travel friendly and handy, especially for college students.
- Check the other features. Some of the hair straighteners have special settings that are meant for certain kind of styling. Of course, you have to pay more for such variants, but the cost difference is often very worthy.
Check online for options now!