There are many individuals who have started preferring to purchase gold plated jewelry. The main reason behind this is its low price. One can easily purchase a nice gold plated bracelet at an affordable price whereas the same ornament will cost you a fortune when you purchase it in pure gold. Here are some pros and cons of purchasing gold plated jewelry:
- Since the layer of gold is quite thin in the gold plated jewelry, the price of such ornaments is not high. There are times when people keep silver as their base metal and this makes the piece slightly expensive. Otherwise, gold plated jewelry can easily be purchased by anyone.
- Gold plated jewelry is never taken as an investment because they hardly carry any value. It is usually bought by those women who love to have a huge collection of jewelry items which they can wear every day. You can really make others feel jealous from your jewelry collection without braking bank.
- If you are planning o purchase some ornaments that are momentarily trendy, it is better to purchases those designs in plated jewelry. This is because if that trend happens to fall out of fashion, you will not feel that your money has got wasted.
- There is always a chance of the jewelry to tarnish or break down. However, this takes several years to happen.
- There are many people who complain that their plated jewelry have lost their original shine.
- If you are planning to purchase jewelry as an investment, then the plated jewelry will never serve your purpose. You will have to look for the pure gold jewelry.
- If you wish to give a luxurious gift to any of your friends or family member, then definitely you will go for the pure gold items.